School Forms

Believe it or not, school is just around the corner!  With the start of school comes all the hustle and bustle of school supplies, fees, meet the teacher,  and paperwork.  While it’s an exciting time for most, it can also be a scary time for parents of children with food allergies, stinging insect allergies or asthma.  Be prepared!  Get your school forms completed before the start of school so that everything is ready and at the school on the first day your child goes.  There are several different types of school forms that might need to be completed.  To have any type of medication kept at the school (EpiPen/Auvi-Q, antihistamines, inhalers) you must have the state medication school form completed by your physician.  Some schools may also have a cafeteria form that must be filled out if your child has food allergies.  Your physician may also have an Emergency Action Plan form to fill out for severe food allergies and/or insect stings.  Please check with your school and physicians office so all appropriate forms are completed on time.  Also, make sure you have all medications (this might include: EpiPen/Auvi-Q, Benadryl, Zyrtec, rescue inhalers) ready to leave at the school.  They must be labeled from the pharmacy (or in original bottle if over the counter).  Don’t delay…call today!

Please leave us your thoughts

%d bloggers like this: